The Twenty-Six Point Program of the Falange
NATION - UNITY - EMPIRE
1. We believe in the supreme reality of Spain. The strengthening, elevating, and magnifying of
this reality is the urgent collective goal of all Spaniards. Individual, group, and class interests
must inexorably give way in order to achieve this goal.
2. Spain has a single destiny in the world. Every conspiracy against this common unity is
repulsive. Any kind of separatism is a crime which we shall not pardon. The existing
Constitution, to the degree that it encourages disintegration, weakens this common destiny of
Spain. Therefore we demand its annulment in a thundering voice.
3. We have the determination to build an Empire. We affirm that Spain's historic fulfilment lies
in Empire. We claim for Spain a pre-eminent position in Europe. We can tolerate neither
international isolation nor foreign interference. As regards the countries of Hispanic America, we
favour unification of their culture, economic interests and power. Spain will continue to act as
the spiritual axis of the Hispanic world as a sign of her pre-eminence in worldwide enterprises.
4. Our armed forces- on land, sea, and in the air- must be kept trained and sufficiently large to
assure to Spain at all times its complete independence and a status in the world that befits it. We
shall bestow upon our Armed Forces of land, sea, and air all the dignity they merit, and we shall
cause their military conception of life to infuse every aspect of Spanish life.
5. Spain shall once more seek her glory and her wealth on the sea lanes. Spain must aspire to
become a great maritime power, for reasons of both defence and commerce. We demand for the
fatherland equal status with others in maritime power and aerial routes.
STATE - INDIVIDUAL - LIBERTY
6. Our State will be a totalitarian instrument to defend the integrity of the fatherland. All
Spaniards will participate in this through their various family, municipal, and syndical roles.
There shall be no participation in it by political parties. We shall implacably abolish the system
of political parties and all of their consequences- inorganic suffrage, representation of clashing
groups, and a Parliament of the type that is all too well known.
7. Human dignity, integrity, and freedom are eternal, intangible values. But one is not really free
unless he is a part of a strong and free nation. No one will be permitted to use his freedom
against the nation, which is the bulwark of the fatherland's freedom. Rigorous discipline will
prevent any attempt to envenom and disunite the Spanish people or to incite them against the
destiny of the fatherland.
8. The National-Syndicalist State will permit all kinds of private initiative that are compatible
with the collective interest, and it will also protect and encourage the profitable ones.
ECONOMY - LABOUR - CLASS STRUGGLE
9. Our conception of Spain in the economic realm is that of a gigantic syndicate of producers.
We shall organise Spanish society corporatively through a system of vertical syndicates for the
various field of production, all working toward national economic unity.
10. We repudiate the capitalistic system which shows no understanding of the needs of the
people, dehumanises private property, and causes workers to be lumped together in a shapeless,
miserable mass of people who are filled with desperation. Our spiritual and national conception
of life also repudiates Marxism. We shall redirect the impetuousness of those working classes
who today are led astray by Marxism, and we shall seek to bring them into direct participation in
fulfilling the great task of the national state.
11. The National-Syndicalist State will not cruelly stand apart from man's economic struggles,
nor watch impassively while the strongest class dominates the weakest. Our regime will
eliminate the very roots of class struggle, because all who work together in production shall
comprise one single organic entity. We reject and we shall prevent at all costs selfish interests
from abusing others, and we shall halt anarchy in the field of labour relations.
12. The first duty of wealth- and our State shall so affirm- is to better the conditions of the
people. It is intolerable that enormous masses of people should live wretchedly while a small
number enjoy all kinds of luxuries.
13. The State will recognise private property as a legitimate means for achieving individual,
family, and social goals, and will protect it against the abuses of large-scale finance capital,
speculators, and money lenders.
14. We shall support the trend toward nationalisation of banking services and, through a system
of Corporations, the great public utilities.
15. All Spaniards have the right to work. Public agencies must of necessity provide support for
those who find themselves in desperate straits. As we proceed toward a totally new structure, we
shall maintain and strengthen all the advantages that existing social legislation gives to workers.
16. Unless they are disabled, all Spaniards have the duty to work. The National-Syndicalist State
will not give the slightest consideration to those who fail to perform some useful function and
who try to live as drones at the expense of the labour of the majority of people.
17. We must, at all costs, raise the standard of living in the countryside, which is Spain's
permanent source of food. To this end, we demand agreement that will bring to culmination
without further delay the economic and social reforms of the agricultural sector.
18. Our program of economic reforms will enrich agricultural production by means of the
By assuring a minimum remuneration to all agricultural producers.
By demanding that there be restored to the countryside, in order to provide it with an adequate
endowment, a portion of that which the rural population is paying to the cities for intellectual and
By organising a truly national system of agricultural credit which will lend money to farmers at
low interest against the guarantee of their property and crops, and redeem them from usury and
By spreading education with respect to better methods of farming and sheep raising.
By ordering the rational utilisation of lands in accordance with their suitability and with
By adjusting tariff policy in such a way as to protect agriculture and the livestock industry.
By accelerating reclamation projects. By rationalising the units of cultivation, so as to
eliminate wasted latifundia and uneconomic, miniscule plots.
19. Our program of social reforms in the field of agriculture will be achieved:
By redistributing arable land in such a way as to revive family farms and give energetic
encouragement to the syndicalisation of farm labourers.
By redeeming from misery those masses of people who presently are barely eking out a living on
sterile land, and by transferring such people to new and arable lands.
20. We shall undertake a relentless campaign of reforestation and livestock breeding, and we
shall punish severely those who resist it. We shall support the compulsory, temporary
mobilisation of all Spanish youth for this historic goal of rebuilding the national commonwealth.
21. The State may expropriate without indemnity lands of those owners who either acquired
them or exploited them illegally.
22. It will be the primary goal of the National-Syndicalist State to rebuild the communal
patrimonies of the towns.
NATIONAL EDUCATION - RELIGION
23. It shall be the essential mission of the State to attain by means of rigorous disciplining of
education a strong, united national spirit, and to instil in the souls of future generations a sense of
rejoicing and pride in the fatherland.
All men shall receive pre-military training to prepare them for the honour of being enlisted in the
National and Popular Army of Spain.
24. Cultural life shall be organised so that no talent will be undeveloped because of insufficient
economic means. All who merit it shall be assured ready access to a higher education.
25. Our Movement incorporates the Catholic meaning- of glorious tradition, and especially in
Spain- of national reconstruction. The Church and the State will co-ordinate their respective
powers so as to permit no interference or activity that may impair the dignity of the State or
26. The Falange Espanola Tradicionalista y de las JONS demands a new order, as set forth in
the foregoing principles. In the face of the resistance from the present order, it calls for a
revolution to implant this new order. Its method of procedure will be direct, bold, and combative.
Life signifies the art and science of warfare (milicia) and must be lived with a spirit that is
purified by service and sacrifice.